YOU are invited to serve as a volunteer collaborator in the building of a bank of analyses pertaining to clinical prosody. In this first stage we are soliciting reviewers of the literature on prosody as a target of intervention. There are 3 different ways to participate in the reviewing:
1. You can serve as the 2nd reviewer for an intervention that is in need of a 2nd review.
• To identify an existing review that is in need of a 2nd reviewer, go to the Reviewer section of the analysis/summary form. If only one reviewer is listed, the review is in need of a 2nd reviewer.
• Contact Trish Hargrove to indicate you wish to review the document. (See How to Volunteer below.)
• Complete the appropriate analysis/summary form and submit to Trish Hargrove. (Forms can be found in the Collaboration Forms section of the blog.)
• Individuals or teams of individuals can serve as 2nd reviewers.
• The 2nd review should be completed without reading or referring to the first review.
2. You can serve as the original reviewer for an intervention that has not yet been reviewed.
• If a review of a document has not been posted
– it may be in the queue for posting on the blog OR
– it may not have been initially reviewed .
• To determine the status of a potential document, contact Trish Hargrove (email@example.com), she will inform you of the
status of the document.
• If the document is in need of initial review, an individual or a team can serve as the 1st reviewer.
• Complete the appropriate analysis/summary form and submit toTrish Hargrove. (Forms can be found in the Collaboration Forms section of the blog.)
• The initial review will be posted but the reviewer(s) will be contacted if a 2nd reviewer or team submits an analysis that
conflicts with the 1st review.
• A team can also divide with one group/individual serving as the 1st reviewers and the other group/individual serving as the 2nd
reviewers. The 1st and 2nd reviews should be preformed independently. Once the reviews are complete, the groups should
reconcile any differences in the reviews before submission.
3. You can provide a correction of an already existing review.
• To submit a correction, contact Trish Hargrove (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your concerns/corrections.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
In all cases it is important that you contact Trish Hargrove (email@example.com) before you undertake your review to avoid duplicating work. To contact Trish, just email and identify the article, research that you would like to review. Just provide the following information:
1. Your name:
2. Your email address:
3. The full reference of the document you are volunteering to review:
4. An indication of which of the reviewer roles you are volunteering:
• 2nd reviewer
• original reviewer
5. Trish will contact you about establishing a timeline for submission of the review/corrections and/or a plan for setting up a reconciliation correspondence.